Howard Group is a third-generation family-owned company; with their name and long-standing values running through everything they do.
During the visit you will find out more about how they have successfully kept the entrepreneurial spirit alive over the generations. Initially a Bedford-based coal and coke delivery business, Howard Group have evolved through manufacturing concrete building blocks, engineering, warehousing, retail and transport into the business today – a leading regional property developer and investor with a portfolio of diverse and professionally managed properties.
You hear about Howard Group’s background, history and long-term stewardship across generations and equipping family business for success in a rapidly changing environment. This visit will showcase not only the heritage of Howard Group, but share how they are preparing for the future.
Who should attend?
FBUK Family Business Visits are for Members of Family Business UK keen to:
- learn about other family businesses
- meet the owners, and hear first hand their story and experiences
- tour the business and site
- network with peers
Open to Family Business UK Members ONLY.
- 10:30-11:00 Arrival with tea/coffee/biscuits
- 11:00-11:30 Presentation with Q&A (meet the host family)
- 11:30-12:15 Tour of the facilities
- 12:15-13:00 Networking and light lunch
Unity Campus, Sawston, CB22 3FT