There are many provocative questions around philanthropy and it can be hard to know the first steps to take to side-step controversy and achieve good. This fireside chat will focus on questions such as:
- What are the incentives for philanthropy; commercial vs family vs individual?
- How can philanthropy play a role in Family Business to embed culture and values?
- Is there a role for philanthropy in the future given that businesses are re-orientating around sustainability and the expectations of stakeholders?
- How can families move beyond philanthropy to achieve greater societal impact, particularly through impact investing?
- What role does tax play in giving back to society?
- How relevant and valuable is philanthropy in dealing with current societal issues?
This event will bring forward ideas and initiatives to be turned into practice when returning to your family business. Whether you have never considered philanthropy, are reticent or concerned where is best to begin or would like to learn more about the future of philanthropy, join the discussion and take-away a new perspective or idea to implement in your family business.
Who should attend?
FBUK Regional Events are intended for members of family businesses, or those working in them, that want:
- to discuss current and timely topics relevant to family businesses in the UK
- practical take-aways to apply to their family business
- to network with other family business professionals
Open to Family Business UK Members and those working in a family business.
Panel discussion and interactive Q &A, hosted by Hoares Bank
18:00 – 18:30 Arrival and refreshments
18:30 – 19.15 Roundtable Chat
19:15 – 19:45 Interactive Q&A
19:45 – 20:00 Closing remarks
The Counting House, Hoares Bank, 37 Fleet Street, Temple, London, EC4Y 1BT