At the heart of legacy is the ‘golden thread’ of the family values; the principles that influence decisions, define relationships, and determine outcomes for both the family and the business.
Join Emma Ayres, 3rd Generation Chair of Bennie Group, and Matthew Ayres, 4th Generation CEO of Bennie Group to discuss the opportunities, challenges and risks of being the stewards of family values for the Bennie Group. Interviewed by Guy Broadfield, Burges Salmon, this conversation will explore how legacy can be preserved and evolved to suit the changing needs of the business and the family.
- Does protecting and preserving legacy values help attract and retain talent or contribute to cultural stagnation?
- Do values restrict innovation, or become an obstacle to change?
- How can values be harnessed in such a way as to also mitigate the risks and downsides?
Who should attend?
This event is for Family Business UK Members and anyone working in family businesses looking to:
- discuss current and timely topics relevant to family businesses in the UK
- gain practical advice to take back into their family business
- network with other family businesses
Open to Family Business UK Members and those working in a family business.
17:30 – 18:00 Arrival
18:00 – 19:30 Fireside chat, with audience Q&A
19:30 – 20:30 Networking with refreshments
Chancery House, Chancery Lane, Holborn, London, WC2A 1QS
Kindly hosted by Burges Salmon