Non-Executive Directors can be an invaluable asset to family businesses. However, it is important to recognize the different pressures for a family NED working within their own family business or a non-family NED coming into a family business environment. This workshop will outline some of these differences and discuss how all NEDs can work effectively together to add value and contribute to the business.
This event is aimed at those who are currently NEDs in a family business, or family members who are about to step in to a NED role. As well as anyone considering to bring NEDs into the business or supporting incoming or existing NEDs in the family business.
- the role of NEDs and how they add value
- how can NEDs be as effective as they need to be in a family business?
- key differences between family and non-family NEDs
- how they can best work together
Who should attend?
FBUK Regional Events are for those who wish to:
- discuss current and timely topics relevant to family businesses in the UK
- gain practical advice to take back into their family business
- network with other family business members
Open to Members and Non-Members of Family Business UK. Eligible delegates are those from family businesses, or working in a family business.
Please note: this event is not available to advisors or consultants.
17:30-18:00 Arrival with refreshments
18:30-19:30 Case study discussion
19:30-19:45 Q&A and closing remarks
20:15 Event close
Kindly hosted by: Deloitte, The Hanover Building, Corporation Street, Manchester M4 4AH