Dealing with the unique challenges of leading and managing a family business can at times feel like a lonely task. But bringing family businesses together, supporting and championing their work and contribution to our economy and society, are at the heart of everything we do.
Family businesses that are part of our growing network benefit from:
Having a stronger voice and influence:
- We engage influencers and policymakers to affect and influence the shape of markets and regulatory environments;
- We formulate responses to Government White Papers on behalf of the UK family business sector;
- We promote thought leadership and innovation on family business governance, responsible stewardship and sustainability, and the future shape of government policy and regulation affecting family businesses through roundtables, forums, discussions and debate.
Championing the cause and contribution of family businesses:
- We run nationwide campaigns, such as Family Business Week, held annually in November, to champion and celebrate the contribution of family businesses up and down the country.
- We raise the profile of the sector through the press, speaking engagements and social media.
Connecting with other family businesses:
- Annual Conference: held in June each year over two days, the conference brings family businesses together to reconnect, network, access thought-leadership, and set the agenda and priorities for the year ahead.
- Communities: a collection of private, curated Communities of family business members from within our network who share a common role, profile or topic of special interest.
- Masterclasses: designed to further best practice and thought leadership, and support members in tailoring latest thinking to reflect their bespoke business needs.
- Workshops and networking events: held across the country, they expand regional and local networks and connections, and facilitate peer-to-peer learning and support.
- Family visits: held across the country throughout year, family visits allow family businesses to meet a host family, hear their story, learn first-hand about the business and enjoy peer-to-peer networking.
Our events and forums adhere strictly to the Chatham House Rule and a spirit of non-solicitation.